Killing It

As a autistic adult change is one of the things I struggle with most. I typically have every life detail planned out but here lately nothing has gone according to the plan even in the slightest. This is a moment to stop and breathe and tell yourself your killing it.

The whole month of August did not go as planned even in the slightest. It started with my car breaking down not once but twice, my phone shattering, transiting jobs(transitioning back into the school system post summer), a severe car accident, plus a few other things.

We make plans and life laughs while throwing us curve balls. The last month involved a whole lot of deep breaths and getting back up after each fall. Out of all these lessons the most important lesson was “people aren’t replaceable” while objects are. My car accident involved me hitting two black cows on a pitch black road. It was an unavoidable wreck that left my car towed. This car had been giving me non stop issues the last few months but I wasn’t ready to get a new car. However, the car accident landed me with no choice but to get a new vehicle. This new vehicle means no more constant car repairs and a safe vehicle. As humans we let the small things bother us but in reality it’s only a minor inconvenience. I can look back and laugh and say “only I would hit two black cows”. As an autistic adult I pushed through the best I could and now I’m driving a new car with overall less stress. I feel as though autism gives me a superpower over the rest of the population due to my ability to set a goal and achieve it. I set a goal to push through and carry on as normal following the wreck and I did. Sometimes it takes a deep breath and someone telling you “your killing it”. So in case someone hasn’t told you yet “your killing it”. If I can make it into work after an accident involving two cows than you can do anything because “YOUR KILLING IT”. 

Comments

  1. Thank you for the kind words and sharing your story. I am proud of you for pushing thru the tough time and remembering to take deep breaths! That's great! I sometimes ...most times...allow the small things in life to seem like GIANTS and I am unable to make a desicion or set any kind of goal besides simply getting out of the bed & feeding myself.

    You're right about the positive talk, sometimes the only tool I have is to forcibly remind myself that I am making progress. Even If it's only being able to get out of the bed or brushing my teeth. I try to find the positivity in that tiny repetitive thing that neurotypical ppl do everyday without even thinking about it. I cant wait to join a group or community of like minded individuals who share in the same struggles as me.
    Thanks again for being here and having confidence to share your story.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your kind words are so greatly appreciated! I’m not sure why it isn’t showing me as the blogger. But anyways, reach out at anytime! I completely understand what your going through. I’ll be here to support you! You’ve got this!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Your Autism is Mild

Introduction